Thursday 12 January 2017

Nerd Factory Update: Rick Grimes

After receiving my Kickstarter copy of The Walking Dead: All Out War by Mantic a few months back I have finally started to get some miniatures and scenery painted.

First up is Rick Grimes:

Mantic Walking Dead: All Out War Rick Grimes Miniature
Rick with hatchet and pistol

The miniature is a great representation of his appearance in the comic, with a nice mix of both Charlie Adlard and Tony Moore to my eye.

Fairly straightforward paint job, but I have tried to keep the colours pretty muted and to a minimum.

Also pictured are some of the barricades, objective markers and one of the vehicles contained in the scenery booster. I got these as part of the Kickstarter pledge, but they are well worth picking up.

The 'crawler' is also from the Kickstarter set and I will feature her in greater detail in a later post!

This is the first time I have used textured paints for basing; usually I prefer to print textures for consistency and glue them to a laser cut mdf base, but the hard plastic nature of the miniatures put me off trying to separate them from their integral bases. I used a thick coat of Agrellan Earth for the main area, dotted with some Agrellan Badland. I gave this a black wash, drybrushed with a putty colour, re-washed with an old Citadel flesh tone then finished with a lighter putty drybrush. Pretty pleased with how they have turned out so far! The textured paints I used are from Games Workshop and can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment